I am a PhD student at the Institute for Creative Technologies (ICT) , University of Southern California (USC). I am advised by Gale Lucas and Jonathan Gratch. I am also guided by Jonathan May. I am currently interested in the overlap between Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Natural Language Processing (NLP), focusing on enabling human-machine negotiations through Natural Language.
I pursued my undergraduate in Computer Science from the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG). After graduating in 2017, I spent a couple of years with Adobe Research, focusing on NLP applications in marketing, including affect modeling and text summarization.
I am always looking for research internships and collaborations. You can find my latest resume here.
- May 2021: I joined Amazon Alexa AI as an Applied Scientist Intern for Summer 2021.
- May 2021: Our work on the CaSiNo negotiation dataset was covered by TechXplore.
- April 2021: Our team Viola for the multi-million dollar Alexa Prize challenge reached the semi-final stage in the competition.
- March 2021: Our work on the CaSiNo dataset consisting over a thousand negotiation dialogues got accepted at NAACL 2021. Preprint Dataset
- January 2021: Our agent won the First Prize at the ANAC negotiation challenge at IJCAI 2020. Find the presentation here.